Sunday 23 November 2014

Ready for the Advents

Hi all,

December is almost upon us, and while people are busy buying presents and decorating their tree, us Compers are busy entering like mad to finish all the end of year competitions and preparing for the eagerly awaited Advents.

Advent comps usually start on the 1st December and are daily entries to win great prizes. It's like opening your advent calender but with the bonus of potentially winning a prize everyday. There are 100's of them around with the majority on FB but many others around too! Big prizes are usually Xmas Eve

To start preparing I usually set up a new folder and save each on in there so I can to them daily. It is a mammoth task to enter them all so I would suggest you only bookmark the ones you really want to win.

You can find them easily on sites like LoquaxMSE and Theprizefinder.

I've already managed to win day 1 from BeautyBay on FB. A nice little package of This Works sleep products worth £20.

Wins

I've managed to bag a few wins in the last couple of months. My best was a 2 Night Bed, Breakfast & Dinner Stay at a Country Manor from TenaLady. As myself and my partner don't drive I've managed to select one in York for February so we've got something to look forward to in the New Year.

When I found out I'd won I started entering competitions for things in York. 3 days later a letter turned up for a family pass to York Dungeons :)

Twitter Parties seem to be a new trend and I won a £50 Tesco F&F Voucher earlier this week and a Kopparberg Winter Mug.

Timothy Other: The Boy Who Climbed Marizpan Mountain.

As you all know my Dad has a new book out. It's currently available on Kindle for just 77p. It's already got some great reviews:


Format:Kindle Edition
This inventive story conveys the reader to the mystical world of Marzipan Mountain, where some amazing creatures live and a powerful secret is revealed. The author's imagination runs riot in an enjoyable mix of fantasy and reality. Timothy Other is a 12 year-old boy on a quest to discover his past, with the help of his unusual animal friends. His world soon collides with some darkly sinister characters who crave the mysterious `Golden Life'. This is a riveting read with plenty of twists and turns to amaze older children and adults who enjoy fantasy adventures.
5.0 out of 5 stars A rollercoaster of a read 2 Nov 2014
Format:Paperback
Tired of vampires, werewolves and zombies? Then you really must read Timothy Other the Boy who climbed Marzipan Mountain. It’s got everything except the above. If you like fantasy and a compelling adventure plot with a series of twists and turns, then join Timothy Other on a roller-coaster of a ride.

Buy it Here for 77p :)


Good luck and god bless!

Leyan x


No comments:

Post a Comment